This mini sandwich egg bake will win brunch.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 4 hr. 50 min. | Total Time: 5 hr. 10 min. | Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Easy
- 12 mini croissants, split open but still attached
- 8 oz. thin sliced smoked ham
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut in half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Kroger Half & Half
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus, cook 2 minutes. Remove and place in an ice bath to stop cooking. Place on paper towels to remove excess water.
- Butter or spray a 9"x13" pan. Line up croissants in the pan, cut side up.
- Line croissants with ham slices, fill with asparagus pieces and top with cheeses. Whisk together eggs, half and half, mustard, salt and pepper; pour evenly over sandwiches. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until eggs are set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 280, Calories from Fat 160, Total Fat 18g (28% DV), Saturated Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 120mg (40% DV), Sodium 600mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates 14g (5% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (3% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 14g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.