These grilled stuffed peppers are hearty enough for a vegetarian dish, or served as a side. Easy and delicious!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 4 aluminum foil sheets cut into 12”x18” rectangles
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 can (15 oz.) black bean, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 green bell pepper
- ¼ cup red onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, (¾ of the avocado chopped, cut remaining avocado in 6 slices)
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Slice each bell pepper in half lengthwise. Hollow out each pepper, removing stem and seeds. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine rice, black beans, onions, avocado, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spoon the mixture evenly into the peppers.
- Place pepper on center of foil. Seal edges, making tight ½” fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation. Place packets on grill, cover, and cook on medium heat about 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully place packets on serving platter. Cut large X across top of each packet, carefully; fold back foil. Top peppers with avocado slice. Serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 240, Calories from Fat 45, Total Fat 5g (8% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 170mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates 40g (13% DV), Dietary Fiber 9g (36% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 9g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 130%, Calcium 2%, Iron 15%.