This hearty fish stew tastes like a true indulgence with a delicious, creamy broth. Serve it up with a side of Irish soda bread!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 5 | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes, diced (about 12 oz.)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless cod filets, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ cup Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream
- Melt the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, salt, thyme and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add flour and cook stirring constantly 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add chicken stock, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil, add potatoes and cook 8 minutes or until potatoes are firmly tender. Add cod and continue cooking 5 minutes until fish is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Stir in cream. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 370, Calories from Fat 170, Total Fat 19g (29% DV), Saturated Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 920mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates 25g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 7g, Protein 24g, Vitamin A 160%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.