These stuffed peppers are filled with protein and nutrients your body desires. They're easy to make and fun to eat!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¾ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup petite diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Kroger Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste6 bell peppers, tops removed, stemmed and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9"x13" baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, green chilies, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove the tops of each bell pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into each bell pepper cavity. Top each pepper with cheese, if desired. Place on prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 260, Calories from Fat 45, Total Fat 5g (8% DV), Saturated Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates 42g (14% DV), Dietary Fiber 8g (32% DV), Sugars 9g, Protein 12g, Vitamin A 120%, Vitamin C 370%, Calcium 25%, Iron 20%.