Simply crispy bars get a holiday make over with chocolate, pretzels and cinnamon candies.
Prep Time: 40 min.
Cook Time: 1 hr. 30 min.
Total Time: 2 hrs. 10 min.
Serves: 16 | Difficulty: Easy
- ½ cup butter
- 1 package (16 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 10 oz. chocolate candy coat
- 16 each craft sticks
- 16 each red hots
- 32 each mini pretzel twists
- White icing
- Black icing
- Butter or spray a 9"x13" pan; set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl place butter; microwave 30 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until marshmallows are melted. Add vanilla; stir to combine.
- Working quickly add cereal. Press into prepared pan. Allow to set for about an hour.
- Cut bars into 16 rectangles.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate candy coat according to package directions. Dip about 1-inch of each craft stick into melted chocolate and insert into short side of cereal rectangles. Place on parchment or wax paper.
- Spread the top of each cereal rectangle with about 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate. While the coating is still wet place a red hot in the center for a nose and pretzel twists in place for antlers. To make the eyes, add a two dots of white icing, and a pin-sized drop of black icing on top. Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Per serving: Calories 280, Calories from Fat 100, Total Fat 12g (18% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 65mg (3% DV), Carbohydrates 44g (15% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 28g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.