Turkey breast becomes an incredible sandwich filling when it’s slow cooked with barbecue sauce, raspberry jam, onion, chipotle and Dijon mustard. Served up on slider buns and topped with cheese and veggies, these mini sandwiches will satisfy!
Hands-on Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 8 hrs. 20 min.
Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 turkey breast half (2-3 lbs.)
- 1 cup Kroger Original Barbecue Sauce
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chipotle en adobo, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 16 slider buns, split
- Fresh spinach leaves (optional)
- Sliced cheddar cheese (optional)
- Coleslaw (optional)
- Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- In prepared slow cooker, combine turkey, barbecue sauce, jam, onion, chipotle and mustard; cover. Cook 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low until turkey is fork-tender and meat falls apart. With two forks, shred turkey meat.
- Spoon about ¼ cup shredded turkey on each bun. Top with remaining ingredients as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 500, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 0.5g (2% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 2400mg (100% DV), Carbohydrates 73g (24% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 34g, Protein 38g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 10%, Iron 25%.