Skip the noodles and opt for nutrient-rich veggie noodles instead! Pick up a spiralizer or a mandolin with a julienne blade for curly, low-carb noodles in a flash. Short on time? Look for pre-cut vegetable noodles in the produce section.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. tamarind paste
- 2 Tbsp. Simple Truth™ Low-Sodium Tamari
- 1 Tbsp. Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Simple Truth™ Coconut Sugar
- 7 oz. tofu, crumbled
- ¼ tsp. Simple Truth™ Ground Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups spiralized carrot or butternut squash “noodles”
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Broccoli Slaw
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Chopped cilantro and fresh mint for topping
- Mix the tamarind paste, Tamari, chili garlic sauce, garlic and coconut sugar together for the sauce. Set aside. Mix the tofu, turmeric and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet and sauté the tofu until lightly browned. Add the squash noodles and broccoli slaw and cook until just tender. Stir in the bean sprouts and all but ¼ of the green onions. Stir fry for a couple minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and simmer about 3-5 minutes until veggies are just tender. Divide into 4 bowls and top with remaining ¼ cup green onion, fresh mint, cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Per serving: Calories 450, Calories from Fat 240, Total Fat 28g (43% DV), Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 710mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates 38g (13% DV), Dietary Fiber 10g (40% DV), Sugars 22g, Protein 18g, Vitamin A 400%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 35%, Iron 30%.