This healthy stuffing has plenty of flavor to please vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 50 min. | Serves: 10-12 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced, about 1¼ cup
- ½ red onion, finely diced, about ½ cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced, about 2 cups
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, or 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½-1 tsp. ground Chipotle pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cornmeal muffins, cubed, about 4 cups
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, about ¾ cup
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread olive oil in a large roasting pan, about 9”x13”. Add the red bell pepper, onion, garlic, sweet potato and spices. Roast vegetables about 15-20 minutes, until tender, stirring halfway through baking time.
- Stir in the black beans, cornbread cubes, and vegetable broth and stir gently to mix evenly.
- Top the stuffing with shredded cheese and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 35-40 minutes until stuffing is hot and cheese is melted. Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 210, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Saturated Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 460mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates 27g (9% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.