Pears are at their peak of quality and flavor in the winter, so they’re ideal for beautiful and fresh fruity salads. We combined ours with a sweet and zesty fresh lemon vinaigrette.
Hands-on Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 15 min.
Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ tsp. lemon peel, grated
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. shallot, grated
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup Kroger® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 10 oz. baby salad greens
- 2 ripe firm pears, cored, thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola
- In small bowl, whisk lemon peel and juice, sugar, shallot, mustard and salt with wire whisk. Whisk in oil; set aside.
- In large shallow bowl, arrange salad greens. Toss with enough dressing to coat greens. Arrange remaining ingredients over the salad greens; drizzle with a little dressing.
Per serving: Calories 280, Calories from Fat 170, Total Fat 20g (31% DV), Saturated Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 25g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 19g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.